Books, life the universe

Tuesday 19 May 2009

2 days to go . . .

Sorry but I can't think of anything to write today so you get a count down instead. It's truly amazing how many people have asked me if I'm going to get another job. Well, no, I've retired because I want to spend time doing what I want to do. If I'd wanted to carry on working I'd have stayed where I am since I can earn more there than anywhere else is likely to pay me in this area.

I suppose it's difficult for me to understand as I've never really felt the need to get out at any cost. I don't think I've ever hated my job like many people seem to. I've never been in it just for the money and job satisfaction has always been important to me. There have been times in the last 32.75 years when it has been hard going and also times when I've been desperately unhappy. But I always knew things would improve given time and patience.

Perhaps I've been lucky? But I also think a lot of it is down to me. I've always been good at finding enjoyment in little things and satisfaction in a job well done - even if I didn't particularly like that task. These two things will carry you through a great deal of life's problems - which sounds a shade pompous but it is how I think so it's staying!

No comments: