Books, life the universe

Saturday 13 January 2007

Affluenza

It seems as though an examination of the material society is part of the Zeitgeist at the moment. I presume if you are reading this post you may also have seen the extracts from Oliver James's new book - to be published on 25/01/07 called Affluenza - in the Daily Telegraph during this week. I found the extracts I read thought provoking and I have accordingly ordered the book from Amazon. I shall look forward to reading it in a couple of weeks time and probably posting some comments on it in due course as well.
Talking of materialism - how about David Beckham and his astronomical salary? What is he going to do with all that money and will it make him any happier? Can you ever have too much money? Perhaps he's considering setting up a charitable foundation like Bill Gates. Come on Becks, do you really need that much all to yourself? I know Posh's dresses cost a lot but even so . . . . .

No comments: