Books, life the universe

Saturday 22 December 2007

Teeth etc

As a follow up to my earlier post about getting problems fixed I bit into a home made sausage roll earlier and one of my crowns came out. At one time this would not have been a big issue with my dentist five minutes walk from where I worked. Now my dentist is 70 miles away - about 1.5hrs by car or by train. As I made the sausage rolls I can't even blame anyone else for this mishap!

I don't fancy these buy over the counter kits to fix things like that so it will mean a trip back to Norwich from Lincolnshire I'm afraid. In case anyone is wondering why I don't have a dentist nearer home it's because the one I go to is good and it's private and the state of my teeth I would hate to start again with another dentist who I'm sure would charge an absolute fortune.

Dentists are rarer than hens' teeth - pun intended - in Lincolnshire.

So if there are any dentists out there reading this and you want to open a new practice - try Lincolnshire. I can guarantee you'll have queues round the block. I know someone who has been on a waiting list of 500 people. He'd been on that 2 years before they invited him to an appointment - which was made for him - he didn't have a choice of when. He had been travelling back to Evesham, Worcestershire before that for two years, and during that time he couldn't even get on the waiting list he had to go on to get on the real waiting list. In the mean time he's moved to a different part of the county but hasn't got the stamina to start again with another one.

2 comments:

Keith (kcm) said...

Comiserations about the crown, Jilly. This is usually my trick! Why do these things always happen at the least opportune time: Christmas, the day before a holiday, etc.? I've got a brilliant dentist down here, if you want to travel this way. :-)

Jilly said...

Bit further even than Norwich!! Still I don't think this one is going to be too much of a problem and they usually fit me in pretty quickly so I shall be on the phone to them tomorrow. Yes you're right these things always happen at the wrong moment. I shallnot let it stop me eating and drinking over Christmas!!