Books, life the universe

Tuesday 8 April 2008

It's a long week

And it's only Tuesday! I keep thinking it must be at least Wednesday.

I went to Nottingham yesterday evening for the usual check up on my eyes. By the time I got there I was in my usual tizzy about it, though I didn't start to feel bad until the day itself for a change. It was good news. The small leak which was there two months ago has sealed itself again without leaving any damage. Now why do some do it and others not? I suppose if I knew that I could make a fortune. So he said I can go back to 3 month check ups again - great! BUPA can save its money for a bit longer. I really must invest in some Rescue Remedy as I'm sure it would help me feel less stressed on these occasions.

With that weight off my mind I feel a lot more relaxed, even though I've been really busy at work today. As it's the school holidays here at the moment I can get home earlier than normal as there's a bus at 4.30. No don't ask why, the explanation is long and complex. Suffice it to say that the bus company run an extra service during school holidays - which suits me.

Moving away from the personal - I'm glad the Diana inquest is over, not that I think it will be the end of the speculation. Conspiracy theories don't go away that easily.

As for the Shannon Matthews and Maddy McCann cases - all I can say is - the plots thicken - and probably sicken as well

2 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

Glad the eyes are okay - and I can recommend Rescue Remedy - very helpful indeed.

Hugs

A
xxx

Jilly said...

Thanks for the recommendation Anne - I shall get some tomorrow.