Books, life the universe

Sunday 7 March 2010

Currently reading . . .

I am currently engrossed in Catherine Alliott's One Day in May - chick lit with something of a hard centre involving the war in Bosnia. It is good and well written and the dialogue is believable and it is definitely better than some. I'm mentally classifying it as a 4* read at the moment but it may increase to 5* when I see what the ending is.

Then there's Alexander McCall Smith's latest No1 Ladies' Detective Agency offering - The Double Comfort Safari Club. As ever a charming excursion into old fashioned values.

I am also re-reading Betty Friedan's The Feminine Mystique - which is surprisingly still relevant to the modern world.

So a pretty mixed bag at the moment - but that's how I prefer my reading.

No comments: