Books, life the universe

Sunday 29 March 2009

Lack of inspiration and books

I couldn't think of anything to write about yesterday and was feeling not quite well. Not exactly ill but not 100%. Went to bed early and slept until nearly 10.00am BST this morning and I feel fine now - strange. I think I'm getting too tired a the moment because I haven't had any time off work since Christmas. Roll on Easter!

I've just started reading a strange book by Anne Berry - The Hungry Ghosts set in Hong King before the handover. It starts with an horrific rape and murder of a young Hong King girl which slightly put me off but I shall persevere with it as it seems to be improving.

Also reading Millie Johnson's A Spring Affair about Lou - mid thirties - who is trapped in a very strange marriage. She comes across a magazine article which suggests de-cluttering your home as a way of changing your life. As a result of hiring several skips she meets Tom the owner of the skip company and his dog Clooney. It is light hearted entertainment - which we all need from time to time.

I have the latest Donna Leon - About Face - to look forward to as well. Lots of good books around at the moment.

No comments: