Books, life the universe

Wednesday 21 May 2008

Is that the end of the debate?

Well probably not - but at least it's over for a while. The status quo on abortion has been maintained and we shall all have to wait and see what happens next time the issue comes to the surface.

We met our new manager for the first time today, which is a hurdle over with. He seems OK and has said he prefers to leave people to get on with things rather than stand over them. A style of management we're used to. My other half -forgetting the organisation I work for does not operate like most places he's worked for - keeps going on about him being a hatchet man to get us all the sack. I do so love pessimists!! He keeps reminding me to be very careful not to do anything wrong in case they use it as an excuse to sack me. I'm always trying to remember to say as little as possible about work at home, but my self censorship does not always operate how I would want it to so I should think I get the lecture virtually every day.

But I must not rant - he's only thinking of me. Why is it that the phrase 'I'm only telling you for your own good.' so ******* annoying?

No comments: