Books, life the universe

Monday 5 May 2008

NATO phonetic meme

Thanks Keith - Zen Mischief - link at the top of this page - here is my 'story':

Juliet, India, Mike and Oscar met to tango, foxtrot and drink whisky sours at the local hotel with its echoes of Raffles. Juliet wondered whether her papa would let her go to Quebec in November with Charlie. Oscar said Papa Romeo wouldn't like it. India said what about Lima? She had heard Peru was quite pleasant in November. Mike said he wanted to go and play golf in the high Sierras, but his papa wanted him to go to Yankee land. Oscar said the girls would need to be careful what they put in their luggage or they would be several kilos over weight. Juliet said she always flew with Alpha Delta airlines as she fancied the staff in their uniforms and said they were welcome to x-ray her or her luggage. India said she felt the same about Bravo Zulu airline staff. Mike and Oscar went to get more whisky sours as the girls talked about men in uniform.
I would like to tag Anne Brooke - this will test your writing skills!

3 comments:

Keith (kcm) said...

Thanks Jilly! I knew you'd rise to the challenge. :-)
Just a comment on style, if I may ... For me (and it may not be for you or anyone else) this could do woith tightening up; but then as you'd expect I prefer the more Anthony Powellian "condensed" style. Leads to more suspense and expectation, I think.
Love, K

Anne Brooke said...

Fabulous! I could never compete, m'dear!

:))

A
xxx

Jilly said...

Well it was my first effort and yes I normally opt for simplicity! I was just pleased to have got thrm all in there somewhere even if some were repeated! Might have another go sometime.

Thanks for the compliment Anne - it seems like a good writing exercise actually especially if you're staring at a blank page!