Books, life the universe

Sunday 31 August 2008

It's improving

I managed to read for quite a while yesterday - though nothing very taxing! I'm sleeping better as well which helps. I'm getting better at eating with my left hand as well. It's a real challenge to eat strawberries and ice cream with a tea spoon before the ice cream melts!

I think what has got to me most is not being able to do things for myself. Independence is important so I try and find ways of doing things without help, but that means even trivial things are exhausting. Still there have to be lessons to be learnt here if only that pride comes before a fall.

I knew I needed time off work but didn't want to take it because of what's going on at present and how much I was involved in it. But of course I'm not indispensable and others have taken my place. Circumstances have conspired to give me the time to relax. I should have listened to my instincts.

No comments: