Books, life the universe

Friday 18 July 2008

Friday at last

It has been a very long week. But I did get an unexpected compliment today - thank you Tracey - from a work colleague. She'd appeared at my desk to ask a couple of questions and then said she really couldn't make up her mind what to do and explained her thinking so far. I simply said to her that I would check everything myself - by actually making the journeys at the appropriate times and timing them. After about 5 minutes discussion she gave me a big grin and said 'I'm glad I came to talk to you - you always make me see sense!'

Today I'm feeling all right - a bit along the lines of 'Don't let the bs get you down'. Everyone else is much the same. We'll cope - nothing's over until the fat lady sings. Yes - sorry for the cliches but I do like both of those and there are occasions when only a cliche will do.

It's the weekend so I can put my feet up and relax at least for some of the time. Have a nice weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Anne Brooke said...

You too, Jilly - you deserve it

Hugs

A
xxx