Books, life the universe

Thursday 21 February 2008

Cosmic ordering success!

It was a success in more ways than one in that it also made me realise how carefully you have to phrase your order! I asked to win some money on the lottery last night - a sum of at least 4 figures. So what did I get? 4 numbers and £46. Money to go towards our new computer. Lots of 4s in that so I really cannot fault the outcome. Obviously the way I phrased it was not quite right. But I am really pleased with it since it worked out for the day I requested. Being on a high I then bought a ticket for tomorrow's Euromillions draw. There is nothing wrong with aiming for the top. I have succeeded in the past with things like requesting a short queue at the post office - I got a short queue once but still had to wait a long time to be served because everyone ahead of me took ages. After that I asked to have to wait no more than 5 minutes to be served, and that was successful at least about 98% of the time.

I have finished 'The Infinite Wisdom of Harriet Rose' mentioned in my last post. Very enjoyable - still not sure whether it's for adults or children, but it doesn't really matter. Harriet's attempt at dealing with fame is excellently portrayed. As is a scene close to the end when the nasty vindictive headmistress attempts to undermine Harriet's credibility but it backfires badly. Harriet's family are delicious - Mother Mia and Nana Olivia practically walk off the page.

Anne - I have replied to your e-mail about 'Thorn in the Flesh' and I'm looking forward to getting my copy. Naturally I shall review it here. Anyone who wants to buy a copy can visit www.goldenford.co.uk and pay by PayPal.

Off for a shower and then to settle down in bed with a book.

2 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

Well done on that win! But ooh, help! I don't have your email, Jilly!! I think my system is playing up again. So sorry. I shall send you another email with alternative contact points on it - if you don't get it let me know via my blog!

And thanks for the inclusion too - hugs

A
xxx

Jilly said...

Anne - will leave a reply on your blog as well but I think you have your e-mail reply address set as your husband's rather than yours. It was only because I recognised the subject line rather than the sender that it didn't go in my spam!