Books, life the universe

Sunday 17 February 2008

Writing and reading progress

And it really is progress - 40,089 words to be precise. I have just written 2020 words since 5.30pm - it is now 6.50pm, so I'm feeling pleased with myself. There are no chapters even, just writing. I'll do the chapters when I do the editing, and decide whether I'm going to put in little asides about what the criminals are actually doing, which I come across quite a lot these days. It seems to me to be quite a good way of keeping the tension going.

Reading: I am currently reading Diana Janney's 'The Infinite Wisdom of Harriet Rose'. Is it a children's book or is it for adults? The narrator is 14 years old Harriet Rose who has a book of her meditations published by her mother and her grandmother as a birthday present and stumbles unwittingly into overnight success. It's a wry look at life and fame and keeps you turning the pages. I like it.

I've also started Priscilla Masters' 'Wings over the Watcher' - featuring DI Joanna Piercy. It looks like being good - how could it fail with a female stalker involved? I'm indebted to martin Edwards at his blog (Do you write under your own name? - link at the top of the page under favourite blogs) for mentioning this author who I'd not tried before. I have managed to get hold of his 'The Cipher Garden' so I shall be reading and reviewing that before too long.

No comments: