Books, life the universe

Sunday 17 February 2008

Sunday

Just come across this on the Magistrate's blog - link under favourite blogs:

Nicely Judged
It is reported that after the second time that a mobile phone had rung in the public gallery the Judge put down his pen, and glared across at the flustered-looking owner of the phone. "If that happens again" said His Honour, "you may discover why they are known as cell phones".


Yes, who says judges are out of touch and have no sense of humour?

Writing progress - over 38,000 words now. Need to revamp the plan because I'm sort of running out of plot - oh dear. This is the trouble with mainly writing short stories up to now. I'm good at the economical writing thing but not so good at giving all the details that count. Still, if I can get to say 70,000 words I know it will grow when I edit it. Continuity will need some work as well, but I'm still sticking to 'Don't get it right, get it written!'

Think I'm sickening for a cold, but if it develops it will be the first for over a year. Can't think where I picked it up, but it could have been on a bus or even in the street. Of course I'm not back at work till Tuesday so it would be typical if I have got one. Still, I tend to feel better if I go to work and take my mind of the snuffles, rather than stay at home and feel sorry for myself.

Off to read the Sunday papers on line.

No comments: