Books, life the universe

Sunday 10 February 2008

Writing progress

I have progressed to just over 35,000 words, and I'm still determined to keep going. I am starting to find the characters talking to me and acquiring characteristics of their own - which is great. The main character has been wandering around for quite a while now in various guises and it was becoming impossible to ignore her. But no more until the first draft is completed. Even if it is never published at least I intend to complete it.

On the non-fiction front I came across this series www.thegreatestinthewolrd.com of non-fiction. These are little books - A5 size - of 160pages in hardback. They are the greatest tips on various subjects - e.g. gardening, cooking, dogs, cats, success etc. What's more they accept unsolicited manuscripts - even better, and they are only 25,000 words long. So I have e-mailed for full author guidelines and have one or two ideas in mind to suggest. I will let you know what happens. It's always supposed to be easier to get a non-fiction book published so I thought I'd give it a go.

The debate stirred up by Rowan Williams still seems to be rumbling on. I suppose it will unless something more controversial comes to take its place, and nothing much seems to be on the horizon. I shall go and see what's in the online newspapers, maybe someone somewhere is being a bit more rational about the whole thing.

No comments: