Books, life the universe

Saturday 19 December 2009

Christine Poulson again


Having read Stage Fright and really enjoyed it I dug around in my 'to be read' pile and located Dead Letters which was the first in the Cassandra James series. This is a case of 'Did she fall or was she pushed?' when Cassandra finds her head of department dead in her own swimming pool. What follows is a convoluted trail of relationships and lies and involves a postgraduate student who died a few months before the story opens.

Like Christine Poulson's other two Cassandra James stories this is well written and enthralling and I certainly didn't work out what was going on and who was responsible. I'd only managed to narrow it down to two possibles before all was revealed. A very good story and this writer deserves to be better known in my opinion.

No comments: