Books, life the universe

Tuesday 1 December 2009

First frost of the year and books

I was quite surprised when I looked out this morning to white grass. That's the first frost of this winter - so now I can believe winter has started. I am glad I don't have to go out at 6.45am to get the bus to work.

I am currently reading Tessa Hainsworth's Up with the Larks about how she swapped a high powered job with the Body Shop for life as a seaside post woman in Cornwall. It paints a picture of rural Cornwall which anyone who lives a in a village will recognise. I really enjoy reading books about people moving to the country - or abroad - and changing their lives completely. I don't want to do it myself but i still like reading about it. I've always liked reading books like that and as a child used to devour things like Thor Heyerdhal's Kon Tikki and Aku Aku. Armchair adventure I suppose.

No comments: