Books, life the universe

Friday 1 January 2010

Nice sunny New Year's Day and books


It really is a beautifully sunny day - though quite chilly.

I'm currently reading; Dorothy L Sayers' Have His Carcase; Georgette Heyer's The Convenient Marriage; I've also just started a Teach Yourself Book called How to be Happier by Paul Jenner. Not a book I would have bought myself but as it was free I thought it was worth a look. I've read about 50 pages of it and have come to the conclusion that I am happy most of the time so I'm probably not the best person to review this book. It covers things like negative thoughts; always thinking the outcome of anything will be dreadful; negative emotions; comparing yourself with others - unfavourably. It's interesting and easy to read but I suspect the people who could most benefit from it are unlikely to buy it. I do like the cover though and it makes me smile every time I see it.

No comments: