Books, life the universe

Saturday 16 January 2010

The Serpent Pool


The Serpent Pool by Martin Edwards is the latest in his Lake District series of murder mysteries featuring historian Daniel Kind and DCI Hannah Scarlett. I was lucky enough to receive my copy from Amazon way ahead of its publication date of 8 February and I started it last night. I was still reading two hours later and it is a totally gripping story. As ever watching the links between the characters being revealed and trying to work out in advance what is happening keeps you glued to the page.

I did wince over the first few pages as the thought of burning books always makes me very uncomfortable and reminds me of hearing of the books lost at the British Museum Library during the Blitz. I will say no more about the book until I have finished it but in my opinion it is the best so far in the Lake District series.

No comments: