Books, life the universe

Tuesday 25 March 2008

Back to work

My first day back wasn't too bad - well it could have been worse. At least I could see my desk, which was better than I expected it to be. I suppose the advantage of having time off leading up to a Bank Holiday is everyone else is at least not working over the Bank Holiday either - provided we're talking office jobs of course.

Everyone is also totally disgruntled about the proposed changes but somehow all of us moaning together improved the mood no end. I felt pretty well back to normal by the time I got home. I had to go to the post office on my way home and I didn't even get uptight about the long queue when I got there. I just stood calmly thinking shiny happy thoughts and the queue diminished rapidly. Oh the power of positive thinking!

It is now 8.00pm and I could do some writing, but I'm not sure my brain is up to it, so I shall relax with a book instead I think, and hope to be in a writing mood tomorrow.

No comments: