Books, life the universe

Friday 21 March 2008

Vitriol on Amazon

I had not realised that when you post a book review on Amazon that people reading it can comment on your review as well as saying whether the review was helpful to them or not. I have just found a comment on my 'Petite Anglaise' review asking me why I bothered to buy the book when I could have read the blog for free. I had said in my review that I hadn't read the blog. I started to type in a full answer but then thought - why should I? It's none of this person's business, so I just put I preferred to read a book rather than a blog - meaning I really don't want to read reams and reams on screen.

Then I looked a bit further and realised that this same person appeared to be commenting on all the positive reviews - including one comment on another review - 'This review is ridiculous.' Well no - in your opinion it might be but that's all it is your opinion, which you're perfectly entitled to express. I looked a bit further on my own reviews and found someone had left a sarcy comment on my Delia Smith review. I said I loved the wipe clean cover - why don't more cookery books have them? Obviously the person commenting thought it was stupid. What happened to tolerance?

2 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

Some people are really strange for sure! I don't see why you shouldn't write reviews in any way you want!

Hugs!

A
xxx

Jilly said...

My thoughts exactly Anne - they're the ones with the problem!