Books, life the universe

Thursday 20 March 2008

Nearly the end of my holiday

Actually another 4 days if you don't count today. It feels as though it's gone really quickly. I was thinking I haven't got much to show for it, but actually I have. I'm now up to 57,000 words with my writing project. I've read several books and started several more, sold several more that I've finished with on Amazon and EBay, written some book reviews on Amazon and seen my reviewer rank go from about 15,000 to 6,214 - not bad for a fortnight! I can see I'm going to be looking at that every day now! I make a point of reviewing everything I read - either good or bad - both on here and on Amazon. It's a quick way of ensuring I do write something every day.

I'm feeling a bit glum at the moment as there are big changes at work in the pipeline which may mean me having to considerably increasing my commuting distance. Unfortunately I cannot mention these in detail or I'm in trouble. But I expect I shall soon have got my normal attitude to such things back again. I've seen loads of changes during the last 30 odd years and all of them have worked out for the best in the end.

But I've still got 4 days to enjoy myself so why make myself miserable? Off to cook a nice meal. Nothing like comfort food to improve one's mood.

4 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

Sorry about the commute - hope it's not as bad as you fear. Is it train? Or car?

Hugs galore.

A
xxx

Jilly said...

It'll be train - if it happens which isn't too bad. But who knows what's going to happen. Probably won't be until next yera at the earliest even if everything goes as planned. Whole thing is sunsettling but as we've had it hanging over us for at least two years we should be sued to it by now. thanks for the sympathy. I feel better now. I shall forget about it and enjoy the rets of my time off. Hugs and don't feel guilty about the cream egg.

Anne Brooke said...

Train is better, Jilly - you can do reading & writing on it.

Hugs & stuff

A
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jilly said...

Anne - yes my thoughts exactly - more reading/writing time. I really should read my writing more carefully - I can see lots of typos creeping in!