Books, life the universe

Friday 16 January 2009

Emma and writing

I finished The Importance of Being Emma by Juliet Archer and was quite sad to finish it. I loved comparing the characters with the Jane Austen version and seeing how the modern incidents lined up with the original. It can be enjoyed in its own right without having read Emma but there is an added dimension if you have read it. I shall look forward to the next in the series which is based on Persuasion.

I actually wrote the first draft of a short story yesterday - a very rough first draft! That's the first one I've written for at least a year. Maybe I can get back into writing again - I hope so. I'd forgotten how enjoyable it is.

Have a good weekend everyone.

2 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

So glad you enjoyed the Emma book - I thought it was great! And well done on that story - fabulous.

:))

Axxx

Juliet Archer said...

A friend told me about this blog and I've hurtled across the Internet (not a pretty sight) to read it.

I'm well chuffed that both you and Anne enjoyed The Importance of Being Emma.

Juliet xx