Books, life the universe

Wednesday 16 September 2009

Other people's lives

The garden over the back appears to be finished. Now it has three terraces sloping up away from the house. The top one is shingle and large shrubs and trees and the other two are lawn. I can't quite see how she's going to get a lawn mower up the steps but I expect she will find a way. There is a large expanse of slabs now round the conservatory. It does look good though the two pergolas look a little strange at present. I expect they'll look better when the climbing plants grow over them. I would think it must have cost a lot to do because she's bought large plants and the builders were here for about 3 weeks - not that I think they worked as hard as they might have done.

I wouldn't want a garden like that because it's too much maintenance. Gardening is not my favourite occupation and I even have someone to cut our pocket handkerchief lawn and keep the hedge in order at the front! I do like looking at gardens - as long as I don't have to do the work.

No comments: