Books, life the universe

Monday 1 June 2009

Money, hot weather and books

I have the majority of the money I'm waiting for as of this morning but as I told the nice man at the building society when he wanted to offer me financial advice it's all spoken for. So that's a weight off my mind. I can now start distributing it.

I've spent 10 minutes pulling up weeds in the shingle in our back garden and came in rather over heated. This is definitely flaming June! I've also walked to the post office - about 5 minutes away - which was quite pleasant as there's a nice little breeze once you get away from sheltered areas.

I stayed up late to finish reading Katie Fforde's Love Letters. It's very much light fiction but this author is one of the best in my opinion. Sparkling dialogue, lots of humour and a heroine who starts off lacking in self confidence but grows throughout the story. I loved the background to this as Laura - the heroine - having been made redundant from her job in a bookshop gets roped into helping to organise a literary and music festival. There are some great scenes with authors sniping at one another and an absolutely marvellous literary agent - Eleanora. I'd love to see more of her though I suspect we're not likely to as she's rather outside Katie Fforde's normal age range.

No comments: