Books, life the universe

Wednesday 11 March 2009

Sitting in the office on my own

Well not totally on my own just on my own on my floor. One person was on leave and another rang up to say he needed to have the day off and the only other person is out and about all day anyway. The boss wasn't with us either!

I had plenty of work to keep me busy and had to answer all four phones. The peace and quiet was pleasant if a little strange.

It seems that some of the people on the other floor are a little put out that I've applied for early retirement - as though I'm letting the side down. As a consequence they are studiously ignoring me. Oh dear - how childish!! I've always said it is very much a personal decision whether to stick it out until the closure of the office or try and get out while you can. Personal circumstances are all in this sort of scenario.

But that is how things are at the moment. The uncertainty is ensuring that people are at each other's throats. Taking that into account I was quite glad to be on my own - not that my immediate colleagues have a problem with my decision. Maybe I'll hear tomorrow though I suspect it might be a little while before I do.

5 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

Ridiculous!!! And horrible - you're better off out of it, Jilly ...

Hugs galore

Axxxxxxxxx

Jilly said...

Definitely Anne - just wish they'd decide soon. As they were asking for applications by the end of March I suspect they've been mown down in the rush!!

NAM said...

Oh, honestly! Offices can be the oddest set-ups! (Or should that be up-sets?)

Sympathies...

Jilly said...

And ours - as you have reason to know - more than most!

NAM said...

Yes, it definitely brings back memories of Lowestoft Schedule E!