Books, life the universe

Thursday 26 February 2009

18 novels I could not live without

Inspired by Noreen over at Norn's Notebook - link at top of the page - I'm listing 25 adult novels which I could not do without:


  1. John Mortimer - The first Rumpole Omnibus


  2. Dorothy Dunnett - Checkmate


  3. Elizabeth Pewsey - Unholy Harmonies


  4. Jane Austen - Pride and Prejudice


  5. Anthony Trollope - Barchester Towers


  6. Dorothy L Sayers - Gaudy Night


  7. John Hadfield - Love on a Branch Line


  8. Sharon Krum - The Thing About Jane Spring


  9. Veronica Heley - Murder in the Park


  10. Donna Leon - The Girl of his Dreams


  11. Josephine Tey - The Daughter of Time


  12. E F Benson - Mapp and Lucia


  13. E M Delafield - The Diary of a Provincial Lady


  14. Rumer Godden - In this House of Brede


  15. Alexander McCall Smith - The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency


  16. Catherine Fox - Love for the Lost


  17. Jerome K Jerome - Three Men in a Boat


  18. Phil Rickman - The Remains of an Altar

Well that's 18 so far off the top of my head! I shall have to do some research to decide on the remainder! maybe more tomorrow.



2 comments:

NAM said...

Yes, I'm working on a similar list - quite a few authors in common, but mostly different titles.

Jilly said...

I'll be completing it today I hope. I thought we would probably have soem in common.