Books, life the universe

Thursday 5 February 2009

. . . snow actually arrived!

I looked out this morning at about 4.30am and there was nothing but when I got up at 7.30am there was masses. I am very glad I'd already booked the day off. It looks from the tops of the wheelie bins that there's about 4 or 5 inches of the stuff. It's supposed to turn to rain later this morning I'm glad to say.

The schools must be closed round here because the kids are building a snow man across the road. I'm a bit surprised the village school is closed because most people walk there but then I suppose the dreaded Health & Safety has struck again.

I'm off to read a good book or maybe the latest issues of Writing Magazine and Writers' News which dropped through the letter box this morning.

Have a good day everyone

No comments: