Books, life the universe

Sunday 8 February 2009

Another book read

I finished reading Carole Matthews' The Difference a Day Makes which was all right but nowhere near as good as her two Chocolate Lovers books which were excellent. This latest one reads as though it was put together in a hurry to meet a deadline. I didn't feel I cared about the characters and it was all a bit slushy and sentimental apart from the antics of the unruly dog Hamish - some of which were just plain disgusting. I'm sure it will delight her many fans but it didn't do too much for me. I think I've read so many really good books recently my standards are going up.

I've nearly finished Housewife in Love by Alison Penton Harper which by contrast is hilarious with a lot of colourful characters most notably Paul and Sally the gays who live in the flat above Helen.

Several others in the pipeline to read of which more during this week.

No comments: