Books, life the universe

Friday 20 February 2009

Feeling sorry for myself

I have an irritating sore throat and think I'm getting a cold. The first one for almost exactly two years - but that doesn't stop me moaning about it. I'm not sure where I got this from as everyone who's had a cold at work had theirs two or three weeks ago. Presumably I've picked it up going to and from on the bus.

Thinking about it there was someone on the bus on Tuesday who had one - so I'll blame him. By the way Boots own brand sore throat pastilles are excellent - I've get the lemon flavoured ones and they really do work and they're not expensive - £1.26 for 24. I usually find a packet will see me through two colds.

I think I shall have an early night tonight and see if sleep will stave it off or at least reduce its severity.

2 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

Poor you - I have every sympathy ... hope you manage to fight it off

Love & hugs

Axxx

Jilly said...

If I can get rid of the sore throat I will be ok - don't mind the rest so much. It is a bit better today. Thank you for the good wishes