Books, life the universe

Monday 23 February 2009

That's two days missed so far . . .

Actually though 2 days in two months is not really that bad. Anyway no point in beating myself up over it. I wasn't feeling marvellous yesterday and couldn't stop coughing, so I went to bed early, then didn't sleep well. Today I'm not coughing as much and at least my throat is pretty well all right now, though I am sneezing and blowing my nose. I went to work today because I didn't feel that bad - not like the last cold I had when I spent two days in bed! Hopefully I'm over the worst of it now.

Stereotypes

I was intrigued tonight coming home on the bus to realise the teenage girl behind me was listening to what sounded like opera on her iPod. I thought it just serves to show that however hard I may try I still put people in pigeon holes - a salutary lesson!

2 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

Hope the health continues to improve, Jilly!! And I can remember years ago being on a train where two young lads were messing about (though nothing nasty) and people were being a bit wary, and then one of them asked the other if he'd yet learnt all the anthem for church on Sunday or not. It certainly bamboozled us all and, when they got off at the next station, everyone was smiling!!

Axxx

Jilly said...

I like that and it just shows you can't judge a book by its cover.